Like so many of you this summer I was so excited to watch the nerve wrecking and gut wrenching 2012 Olympics in London. I couldn’t wait to cheer on the USA and watch them through their trials and tribulations, and of course Ryan Lochte’s abs didn’t hurt either. But then while watching I noticed something..well unpleasant..the commentators.
I’ve decided that you really do not have to prepare much or even think much while commenting on the athletes during the most stressful and exhilarating times of their lives. You can do the following: be sarcastic, well we are back, well that’s obvious isn’t it. You can be blunt and even rude while these athletes literally work their butts off, saying this like that was good…for her or that was pretty horrific wasn’t it. Unless you go down there and run with the fastest man on earth or do countless backhand springs and layouts, I’m sorry you have no right. And yes some of you have competed in the Olympics before (it’s pretty obvious when you talk about it all the time while commenting). I do not care; these people are getting their chance, so say something positive for once, before someone slaps you.
And finally, be nice to each other. Holy crap people, yeah you can disagree with each other but have some kindness in it. When one guy says his opinion don’t just end the conversation with a blunt No. Really? These people know just as much about what’s going on as you (and the rest of the world apparently). And yes some of them do know what they are talking about, but why are the other ones talking? Most of us would rather you just kept your opinions to yourself actually. If only you could mute the comments and keep the other background noise, oh well maybe one day we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment